Lost Islands Of Fate
Encounter9 in Mount Mord, Upper Mines
- 1 (One) Bugbear
- Medium Humanoid (Goblinoid)
- * Hit Dice:* 3d8+3 (16 hp)
- Initiative: +1
- Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
- Armor Class: 17 (+1 Dex, +3 natural, +2 leather armor, +1 light wooden shield), touch 11, flat-footed 16
- Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+4
- Attack: Morningstar +5 melee (1d8+2) or javelin +3 ranged (1d6+2)
- Full Attack: Morningstar +5 melee (1d8+2) or javelin +3 ranged (1d6+2)
- Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
- Special Attacks: —
- Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., scent
- Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +1
- Alignment: Usually chaotic evil
- Abilities: Str 15, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 9
- Skills: Climb +3, Hide +4, Listen +4, Move Silently +6, Spot +4
- Feats: Alertness, Weapon Focus (morningstar)
- CR: 2
- Languages: Bugbears speak Goblin and Common.
Combat: Bugbears prefer to ambush opponents whenever possible. When hunting, they normally send scouts ahead of the main group that, if they spy prey, return to report and bring up reinforcements. Bugbear attacks are coordinated, and their tactics are sound if not brilliant.
Skills: Bugbears have a +4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks.