Lost Islands Of Fate
Encounter1 and Encounter2 in Mount Mord, Upper Mines
- 1(One) Dire Rat
- 3(Three) Dire Rats
- Size/Type: Small Animal
- Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
- Initiative: +3
- Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), climb 20 ft.
- Armor Class: 15 (+1 size, +3 Dex, +1 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 12
- Base Attack/Grapple: +0/-4
- Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d4 plus disease)
- Full Attack: Bite +4 melee (1d4 plus disease)
- Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
- Special Attacks: Disease
- Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent
- Saves: Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +3
- Alignment: Always neutral – Animal
- Abilities: Str 10, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 1, Wis 12, Cha 4
- Skills: Climb +11, Hide +8, Listen +4, Move Silently +4, Spot +4, Swim +11
- Feats: Alertness, Weapon FinesseB
- CR: 1/3 , 1
Disease (Ex) Filth fever—bite, Fortitude DC 11, incubation period 1d3 days, damage 1d3 Dex and 1d3 Con. The save DC is Constitution-based.
Dire rats are omnivorous scavengers, but will attack to defend their nests and territories. A dire rat can grow to be up to 4 feet long and weigh over 50 pounds. Combat: Dire rat packs attack fearlessly, biting and chewing with their sharp incisors. Skills: Dire rats have a +8 racial bonus on Swim checks. Dire rats have a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on Climb checks, even if rushed or threatened. Dire rats use their Dexterity modifier for Climb and Swim checks.