Lost Islands Of Fate
Encounter8 in Mount Mord, Upper Mines and Encounter 12 in Grughah's Ward
- 4 (Four) Orcs, 1st-Level Warriors
- 8 (Eight) Goblins and 4 (Four) Orcs
- Medium Humanoid (Orc)
- Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
- Initiative: +0
- Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
- Armor Class: 13 (+3 studded leather armor), touch 10, flat-footed 13
- Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+4 Attack: Falchion +4 melee (2d4+4/18–20) or javelin +1 ranged (1d6+3)
- Full Attack: Falchion +4 melee (2d4+4/18–20) or javelin +1 ranged (1d6+3)
- Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
- Special Attacks: —
- Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., light sensitivity
- Saves: Fort +3, Ref +0, Will –2
- Alignment: Often chaotic evil
- Abilities: Str 17, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 8, Wis 7, Cha 6
- Skills: Listen +1, Spot +1
- Feats: Alertness
- CR: 1/2
- Languages: Orc, Goblin or Giant
An orc’s hair usually is black. It has lupine ears and reddish eyes. Orcs prefer wearing vivid colors that many humans would consider unpleasant, such as blood red, mustard yellow, yellow-green, and deep purple. Their equipment is dirty and unkempt. An adult male orc is a little over 6 feet tall and weighs about 210 pounds. Females are slightly smaller. The language an orc speaks varies slightly from tribe to tribe, but any orc is understandable by someone else who speaks Orc. Some orcs know Goblin or Giant as well. Most orcs encountered away from their homes are warriors; the information in the statistics block is for one of 1st level.
Combat: Orcs are proficient with all simple weapons, preferring those that cause the most damage in the least time. Many orcs who take up the warrior or fighter class also gain proficiency with the falchion or the greataxe as a martial weapon. They enjoy attacking from concealment and setting ambushes, and they obey the rules of war (such as honoring a truce) only as long as it is convenient for them.
Light Sensitivity (Ex): Orcs are dazzled in bright sunlight or within the radius of a daylight spell.