Lost Islands Of Fate
Encounter6 and 10 in Mount Mord, Upper Mines
- 1 (One) Carrion Crawler
- Large Aberration
- Hit Dice: 3d8+6 (19 hp)
- Initiative: +2
- Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), Climb 15 ft. (3 squares)
- Armour Class: 17 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +6 natural), touch 11, flat-footed 15
- Base Attack/Grapple: +2/+8
- Attack: Tentacle +3 melee Paralysis
- Full Attack: 8 Tentacles +3 melee Paralysis and Bite +2 melee (1d4+4)
- Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
- Special Attacks: Paralysis fort save vs DC 13 2d4 rounds
- Special Qualities: Darkvision 60ft, Scent
- Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +5
- Alignment: Always neutral
- Abilities: Str 14, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 2, Wis 15, Cha 6
- Skills: Climb+12, Listen +6, Spot +6
- Feats: Combat reflexes, Track, Alertness
- CR: 4
Carrion Crawlers are aggressive subterranean scavengers greatly feared for their paralyzing attacks. They scour their underground territory for dead and decaying flesh but won’t hesitate to attack and kill living creatures. Each of a Carrion Crawler’s tentacles is about two feet long and secretes a sticky, paralysing substance. Like so many hybrid monsters the Carrion Crawler may well be the result of arcane experimentation. A Carrion Crawler weighs about 500 pounds.
Combat: Carrion Crawlers use their senses of sight and smell to detect carcasses and potential prey. When attacking, a crawler lashes out with its tentacles and tries to paralyze its victim. The tentacles deal no other damage. The creature then kills the paralyzed victim with its bite and devours the flesh. Multiple crawlers do not fight in concert, but each paralyzes as many opponents as possible The unintelligent creature continues to attack as long as it faces any moving opponents.
Paralysis (Ex): Those hit by a Carrion Crawlers tentacle attack must succeed on a DC 13 fortitude save or be paralyzed for 2d4 rounds. The save DC is constitution based.
Skills: Carrion Crawlers have a +8 racial bonus to climb checks and can always take 10 on climb checks even if rushed or threatened.