Lost Islands Of Fate
Encounter1 in Mordheim Lands and Encounter 12 in Grughah's Ward
Encounter 1 Mordhiem Lands
- 18 (Eighteen) Goblins, 1st-Level Warriors
Encounter 12 Grughah’s Ward
- *8 (Eight) Goblins and 4 (Four) Orcs
- Small Humanoids (Goblinoid)
- Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
- Initiative: +1
- Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
- Armor Class: 15 (+1 size, +1 Dex, +2 leather armor, +1 light shield), touch 12, flat-footed 14
- Base Attack/Grapple: +1/–3
- Attack: Morningstar +2 melee (1d6) or javelin +3 ranged (1d4)
- Full Attack: Morningstar +2 melee (1d6) or javelin +3 ranged (1d4)
- Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
- Special Attacks: —
- Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft.
- Saves: Fort +3, Ref +1, Will –1
- Alignment: Usually neutral evil
- Abilities: Str 11, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 6
- Skills: Hide +5, Listen +2, Move Silently +5, Ride +4, Spot +2
- Feats: Alertness
- CR: 1/3
A goblin stands 3 to 3-1/2 feet tall and weigh 40 to 45 pounds. Its eyes are usually dull and glazed, varying in color from red to yellow. A goblin’s skin color ranges from yellow through any shade of orange to a deep red; usually all members of a single tribe are about the same color. Goblins wear clothing of dark leather, tending toward drab, soiled-looking colors. Goblins speak Goblin; those with Intelligence scores of 12 or higher also speak Common.
Most goblins encountered outside their homes are warriors; the information in the statistics block is for one of 1st level.
Being bullied by bigger, stronger creatures has taught goblins to exploit what few advantages they have: sheer numbers and malicious ingenuity. The concept of a fair fight is meaningless in their society. They favor ambushes, overwhelming odds, dirty tricks, and any other edge they can devise. Goblins have a poor grasp of strategy and are cowardly by nature, tending to flee the field if a battle turns against them. With proper supervision, though, they can implement reasonably complex plans, and in such circumstances their numbers can be a deadly advantage.
Skills: Goblins have a +4 racial bonus on Move Silently and Ride checks. Goblin cavalry (mounted on worgs) usually select the Mounted Combat feat in place of the Alertness feat, which reduces their Spot and Listen check modifiers from +3 to +1.
Challenge Rating: Goblins with levels in NPC classes have a CR equal to their character level –2.