Lost Islands Of Fate
Encounter7 in Mount Mord, Upper Mines
- 12 (Twelve) Hobgoblins, 1st-Level Warriors
- Medium Humanoid (Goblinoid)
- Hit Dice: 1d8+2 (6 hp)
- Initiative: +1
- Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
- Armor Class: 15 (+1 Dex, +3 studded leather, +1 light shield), touch 11, flat-footed 14
- Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+2
- Attack: Longsword +2 melee (1d8+1/19–20) or javelin +2 ranged (1d6+1)
- Full Attack: Longsword +2 melee (1d8+1/19–20) or javelin +2 ranged (1d6+1)
- Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
- Special Attacks: —
- Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft.
- Saves: Fort +4, Ref +1, Will –1
- Alignment: Usually lawful evil
- Abilities: Str 13, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 8
- Skills: Hide +3, Listen +2, Move Silently +3, Spot +2
- Feats: Alertness
- CR: 1/2
- Languages:Hobgoblins speak Goblin and Common
Hobgoblins are larger cousins of goblins. Hobgoblins’ hair color ranges from dark reddish-brown to dark gray. They have dark orange or red-orange skin. Large males have blue or red noses. Hobgoblins’ eyes are yellowish or dark brown, while their teeth are yellow. Their garments tend to be brightly colored, often blood red with black-tinted leather. Their weaponry is kept polished and in good repair. Most hobgoblins encountered outside their homes are warriors; the information in the statistics block is for one of 1st level.
Combat: These creatures have a strong grasp of strategy and tactics and are capable of carrying out sophisticated battle plans. Under the leadership of a skilled strategist or tactician, their discipline can prove a deciding factor. Hobgoblins hate elves and attack them first, in preference to other opponents.
Skills: Hobgoblins have a +4 racial bonus on Move Silently checks.